Rita L. Kettl, CPA | Individual Tax Document Checklist
Rita Kettl established her practice in Escondido, CA where she has offered accounting, auditing, and tax consulting for over 20 years to the greater San Diego county since 1988. She became a Certified Public Accountant in 1992, which broadened her service offerings to other tax matters including business auditing and legal tax advice. Over the past 20 years her business has grown to over 200 clients per year, and established as a professional corporation.
San Diego, Escondido, southern California, California, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Rancho Bernardo, Temecula, La Jolla, Del Mar, accountant, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, accountant, tax, tax expert, payroll, tax preparation, tax consulting
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15929,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,side_area_uncovered_from_content,qode-theme-ver-17.2,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.6,vc_responsive

Individual Tax Document Checklist

Please use this checklist to assist you with gathering your tax documents.

Employment & Income Data

W-2 form and Year End paycheck stub

Unemployment compensation and state tax refunds: Form 1099-G

Social Security /railroad retirement statements: Form SSA-1099 or RBD-1099

Miscellaneous income, including rent and royalties: Form 1099-MISC

Partnership, S corporation and trust income: Schedule K-1

Pensions, annuities, IRA's and qualified plans: Form 1099-R

Alimony Received

Business merchant statements Form 1099-K

Heath Insurance Advance Credits Form 1095-A

Homeowner/Renter Data

Mortgage interest: Form 1098

Sale of your home or other real estate: Form 1099-S

Real estate tax receipts: property tax statements

Real Estate sale or refi: provide closing escrow statements: Form 593B

Copy of rental agreement or proof of monthly rent amount

Financial Assets

Forms may include 1099-B, 1099-DIV 1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-MISC & 1099-R

Roth conversion reporting: Form 1099-R

Please note if you receive Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions), then you must be prepared to provide dates purchased and original cost.

Brokerage statements or on line trading account activities for the year

Expenses & Deductions

Gifts to charity (both cash and non cash): provide receipts

Child-care tax credit: provider information and copy of year end statement

Any change or addition to dependent information: provide date of birth and copy of Social Security card

Personal property tax receipts

Health Savings Account (HSA) distributions: Form 1099-SA

HSA contributions: provide year end statement

Traditional IRA contributions

Higher education fees: Form 1098-T

Margin interest expense

Investment expense records

Medical and dental expenses

Deductible retirement plan contributions: provide year end statement

DMV registration expense receipts

Employer provided Health insurance Form 1095-A or Form 1095-C

Tax notice received from the IRS, FTB, or EDD

Copies of 2 years prior tax returns if not prepared by our office.

If you have any other questions, please reach out to us by giving us a call or sending us a message.